Welcome to the Bay!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Tontra Origins (a City of Tontra prequel RP) - Page 2 Empty Pandora's Box | 9286 Grammatical Wizard

Pandora's Box
lordpyromon wrote:No, it's fine. And Wiltz is right, maybe this could be a vague alternate timeline to the original, once again similar to Bioshock, that way more people can join and not have to read an entire thread.

(TBH I feel like this whole thing is starting to fall in on my head)

I could write up some quick lore for this parallel universe if you don't feel like it. Or we can collaborate.

Fri Jun 13, 2014 4:20 am

Tontra Origins (a City of Tontra prequel RP) - Page 2 Empty lordpyromon | 9225 Friendly Dragon Slayer

lordpyromon
Pandora's Box wrote:
lordpyromon wrote:No, it's fine. And Wiltz is right, maybe this could be a vague alternate timeline to the original, once again similar to Bioshock, that way more people can join and not have to read an entire thread.

(TBH I feel like this whole thing is starting to fall in on my head)

I could write up some quick lore for this parallel universe if you don't feel like it. Or we can collaborate.
Go ahead, I might pitch a few things along the way as well.

Fri Jun 13, 2014 4:47 pm

Tontra Origins (a City of Tontra prequel RP) - Page 2 Empty Pandora's Box | 9286 Grammatical Wizard

Pandora's Box
lordpyromon wrote:Go ahead, I might pitch a few things along the way as well.

Okay, I'll PM my draft to you (when I'm done) so you can put it in the OP after your edits.

Fri Jun 13, 2014 5:23 pm

Tontra Origins (a City of Tontra prequel RP) - Page 2 Empty lordpyromon | 9225 Friendly Dragon Slayer

lordpyromon
Pandora's Box wrote:
lordpyromon wrote:Go ahead, I might pitch a few things along the way as well.

Okay, I'll PM my draft to you (when I'm done) so you can put it in the OP after your edits.
Okay.

Fri Jun 13, 2014 6:11 pm

Tontra Origins (a City of Tontra prequel RP) - Page 2 Empty Mad Mike | 9045 Gwendolyn's Minion

Mad Mike
Ok, this is happening! If everyone who is up for this lets me know that they are still alive, I will quickly write down my character so we can do this!

Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:37 pm

lordpyromon
Mad Mike wrote:Ok, this is happening! If everyone who is up for this lets me know that they are still alive, I will quickly write down my character so we can do this!
I agree, let's just start and we can all make up the lore as we go, this thread going to waste is making me highly depressed.

Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:15 pm

Tontra Origins (a City of Tontra prequel RP) - Page 2 Empty Mad Mike | 9045 Gwendolyn's Minion

Mad Mike
lordpyromon wrote:
Mad Mike wrote:Ok, this is happening! If everyone who is up for this lets me know that they are still alive, I will quickly write down my character so we can do this!
I agree, let's just start and we can all make up the lore as we go, this thread going to waste is making me highly depressed.

No need for depression just yet, give me a day and I'll have posted my character. Then we can get started.

Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:21 pm

Tontra Origins (a City of Tontra prequel RP) - Page 2 Empty EpicGhostKilla121 | 9002 Enshrined Member

EpicGhostKilla121
Um, hi guys. .3. Sorry, I haven't been on in almost forever. A lot of personal stuff has been going on. Plus, my internet had been off for maybe 6-7 months. I'll try to be back on. I just wanted to say that I'm so honored to see this! I made the City of Tontra RP Thread. And even though it's been moved to Community Clutter, I'm still so happy that it lives on in a way. Wish it didn't die but, everything happens for a reason right? I might join this rp. I'm not sure.

EDIT: Eff this. I can't help myself. I'm joining.

EDIT2: Hmmm. Seeing as the last post was in August, I hope this hasn't died. I just got excited for no reason didn't I?..

Last edited by EpicGhostKilla121 on Mon Oct 13, 2014 4:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

Mon Oct 13, 2014 4:32 pm

Tontra Origins (a City of Tontra prequel RP) - Page 2 Empty EpicGhostKilla121 | 9002 Enshrined Member

EpicGhostKilla121
Name: Trevel Thomas
Personality: He's mostly a loner. Likes to be alone, read books, weird stuff. He never had much interaction with people other than his family, for good reason too. He's kind of cold and arrogant. But, he's naturally kind and will help his friends no matter what. He's allergic to shellfish, watches anime, and loves visual and performing arts. Painting, drawing, singing, dancing, all that good stuff. He hates magic and magic-users.
Visuals: About 5'8". Kinda slender but, with defined muscles. Mini-afro. Wears Scott Pilgrim vs. The World shirts and torn khakis. All his khakis are torn. Ya know, for style(kids these days amirite?) Has a silver chain with a light turquoise crystal on the end of it given to him from his grandfather.
Background: He hales from a town that is famed for creating top wizards and the like. Not, wanting to follow through with what is expected of him from his parents and peers, he learned martial arts and left his loud and over-expecting town for the small city of Tontra. He is currently looking for a job in Tontra so that he can support himself while he strives for artistic perfection.
Goals: To become the greatest artist the universe has ever known and to show everyone who didn't believe in him that, magic isn't the greatest power there is.

Occupation(optional): Currently unemployed. Searching.
Residence(optional):1 Bed-room apartment in the ghettos.
Attends(as in a school)(also optional): None. Not expecting to go.

Weapon:(optional) None. Knows karate. Duh.
Gear:(optional) Phone, and art supplies in a book bag.
Powers(optional): None. Well, his martial arts is pretty POWERful. Eh? Eh? No?.. Okay.

Mon Oct 13, 2014 4:54 pm

Mad Mike
I know I've said this before, but damnit I really am joining this time! Not today though, because it's 2:30 am right now Razz

The first thread was so much fun while it lasted and I'm happy that we got as far as to creating a main setting and storyline, even though it sort of has no ending and became increasingly random towards the end. The important thing is that we created a pretty solid foundation that we can now experiment furhter with if we desire.

I also really like that fantasy/steampunk RP we made back in the day, it never got that far, but the little we wrote felt like it could potentially be made into a full-fledged final fantasy game Very Happy

It's good to have you back aswell! Smile It's become a lot less lively here recently so I'm always happy when people come back.

Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:44 pm

EpicGhostKilla121
Mad Mike wrote:
It's good to have you back aswell! Smile It's become a lot less lively here recently so I'm always happy when people come back.

Yeah, I can see that. Kinda sad. I hope it doesn't stay this way..

Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:50 pm

Mad Mike
It's finally done! I ended up writing a little too much back story, but it compensates for my character not having any cool anime like powers or background.

Spoiler:

I have so many ideas on what to do with this so let's get started as soon as possible! Everyone who is still alive raise a hand or something. Or we can just start, and people can join along as it goes.

Last edited by Mad Mike on Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:02 pm; edited 7 times in total

Tue Oct 14, 2014 1:23 pm

lordpyromon
Mad Mike wrote:It's finally done! I ended up writing a little too much back story, but it compensates for my character not having any cool anime like powers or background.

Spoiler:

I have so many ideas on what to do with this so let's get started as soon as possible! Everyone who is still alive raise a hand or something. Or we can just start, and people can join along as it goes.
That's amazing! I like how you've used other things that everyone else here made, it's like we already have an established lore! Once I get the OK from enough people we'll finally start. Heh, I remember thinking this was how I would spend my summer.

Tue Oct 14, 2014 4:05 pm

Mad Mike
lordpyromon wrote:
That's amazing! I like how you've used other things that everyone else here made, it's like we already have an established lore! Once I get the OK from enough people we'll finally start. Heh, I remember thinking this was how I would spend my summer.

Thanks, I tried to add a little bit of conflict to the diffrent characters goals to make for more interesting engagements. All we need now is a cop lol!
By the way, I edited my post to remove a few confusing typos and added a few stuff:
- He does NOT have the power to use magic, that was a typo.
- He now uses stun dart ammo aswell for those non lethal takedowns Wink

Copy my character again and add it to the first post.

And I sort of take blame for how delayed this got, I did promise I would write a character a long time ago and we might have gotten started earlier if I was more commited. But as you can see I can sometimes put too much time into these stories Razz

I think we actually have enough characters to get started by now, the problem is that I don't know how many are still active here. So it might be enough to just make sure their still alive or what not and then get started.

Tue Oct 14, 2014 4:54 pm

EpicGhostKilla121
Mad Mike wrote:It's finally done! I ended up writing a little too much back story, but it compensates for my character not having any cool anime like powers or background.

Spoiler:

Ooooohh! That's pretty awesome dude! Very Happy Lol. And I thought my dude was pretty cool. Razz

Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:31 pm

lordpyromon
You know what? Screw it! Let's start!
As mentioned in the first post Everyone will begin in Tontra. a gang war has begun in town square and the city's special forces are attempting to subdue them. meanwhile Blaze (my character) is playing Tetris on a rooftop because Tetris is awesome. "Wow" Blaze mutters to himself "I've been playing Tetris for a while, It feels like it's been roughly five months since I started! But it's so addicting I just can't put it down." It seems as though the only joy the mutant man gets is from that game.

Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:27 pm

Mad Mike
lordpyromon wrote:You know what? Screw it! Let's start!
     As mentioned in the first post Everyone will begin in Tontra. a gang war has begun in town square and the city's special forces are attempting to subdue them. meanwhile Blaze (my character) is playing Tetris on a rooftop because Tetris is awesome. "Wow" Blaze mutters to himself "I've been playing Tetris for a while, It feels like it's been roughly five months since I started! But it's so addicting I just can't put it down." It seems as though the only joy the mutant man gets is from that game.

Awesome! (poor Blaze having to play Tetris for 5 months lol)

After I had written my character, I actually decided to take a few notes on what's gonna happen to him in the beggining. And I sort of ended up writing a three paged draft of his story as detailed as the first chapter of a novel Very Happy Once I start writing I can't stop.

I'm gonna cut it into pieces and work it into the story here, but not today because it's 3am now, and I have to be up at 7:30 (I have some really serious sleeping problems lol... )

Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:56 pm

EpicGhostKilla121
As the news broadcasts scenes of a vicious power struggle between gangs and police, Trevel sits in his 1-bedroom apartment sipping Chamomile, eating croissants, and painting a portrait of himself with oil-based paint.

"This is going to take forever to fully dry.." Not in the slightest worried about the commotion outside, he sips from his ceramic teacup. "Well, you can't rush art."

Just as he is about to take another sip from his teacup, a rock flies through his window and bursts his teacup into little pieces.

"Mother F-....*sigh* I really didn't want to have to crack some skulls.." As he stands up and casually walks to his front door, "Well, I guess I'm really doing this.. Haven't been out of the house in a while though...Mmmm. F' it. Let's go." As he walks out of the door and locks it, he spots a man...thing sitting on the roof of a building with some kind of a device. "Probably a phone or something of the like."

Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:44 pm

lordpyromon
As Blaze plays his game he feels someone watching him. He pauses his game and looks in the direction of a boy probably in his late teens. Blaze was about to disregard the person until he caught a glimpse of a turquoise crystal around his neck. "A wizard... Intriguing, but not my target." He looks back down at his phone and continues to align those blocks of artificial joy.

Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:13 am

Mad Mike
"Hey Mike! Remember, on Monday you gotta be in 7:30 so we can load the new crates to the storage!"
"Yeah, see you Monday", he replied as he left the warehouse and started moving down the street. Jensen closed the buttons on his coat and put on his shaded glasses.

He was looking forward to this weekend, it had been a while since he had the time to sit down in his lab and get some real work done. His paycheck would be coming in real soon aswell, and if he was lucky maybe he would get some money over to buy a few components for the new drones. The streets were unusually quiet that day, especially considering how close he was getting to central Tontra. After a 10 minute walk he was almost back at his apartment. But by now the silence was gone and replaced by loud noises of shattering glass, police sirens and the yelling of a distant crowd -- probably one or two blocks away. There were barely any people outside, and those who were, were in a hurry to get to their homes.

"I should probably hurry up too..."

He still had a few more blocks to go. As Jensen arived just outside town square he knew why those people were in a hurry, as he could see the chaos that had broken loose. Atleast two gangs had taken control of the entire district and were facing off using everything from semi-automatic pistols to their fists. The police were moving in with swat trucks and riot shields, trying to seal of the area and arrest the gang members -- creating a free-for-all battlefield. Jensen looked back the to the street were he came from, were he could now see that a swat truck had already set up baricades and urged people to stay away.

"This area is sealed off to all civilians!", a man in the truck said through megaphone, "please remain in your homes untill further notice! Anyone roaming the streets will be taken in for interrogation!"

Jensen had no choice but to move closer to the fighting, hoping he could sneak past it. He was nervous but there was no other way to go. After moving furhter down towards town square he walked into a narrow alley, and just as he did, the street was swarmed by around 50 gang thugs, throwing molotov cocktails, shooting eachother, yelling swear words and beating eachother with all kinds of weapons -- Jensen looked back through the alley and even noticed three or four of them using magic. He trurned his head back forward and kept on moving, picking up the pace. Police squads were moving in both ends of the street with riot shields, clubbing down as many as they could.

Jensen had seen riots and gang shootouts before, put this was on a entirerly diffrent level. He noticed that he was sweating a lot and wiped his forehead with the arm of his coat. He knew that he might have gotten himself into a tough situation, and that the gangs were the least of his troubles. Being seen at a place like that could draw the wrong kind of attention to him.

"Hey assh0le!"

Jensen quickly turned around, but only to see a yelllow orb of energy flying towards him, before he was hit by it and thrown violently into the back of a dumpster. In the short moment between him flying in the air and then hitting the back of his head, he knew that he had just been attacked by magic.

(Let me know if you think I'm writing things too detailed and borring)

Wed Oct 15, 2014 5:28 pm

EpicGhostKilla121
After examining the chaos below him, he quickly made his way behind a broken down vehicle and searched for whoever looked like the kind of person who throws rocks through people's windows..

"Where is the guy?.." scanning the chaotic scene, he sees a man being brutally beaten by a police officer, a woman stabbing another woman with a broken whisky bottle, a man being shot down by 3-4 other people, and a worried man hurrying into an alleyway.

"But, no guy with rocks.. Hm, I guess I shouldn't have expected somebody walking around with a handful of rocks, throwing them at everybody." Turning to walk back to his apartment, "Wishful thinking on my part I guess."

Just as he is about to walk back up the stairs to his front door, he hears a very distinctive sound. "Weeeeeeeeeehhhhh!!!" "What the... Is that what I think it is?"

He slowly scans the entire area. "I swear I just heard.. No, no. He couldn't be here. There's no reason he should be. There isn't anyone here that's that focused with Forerunner tech.." He starts to head back up the stairs. "Or is there?.."

(Mike, I think your detailed writing is fine. I mean, I like it. Razz Also, I tried to, like, tie our characters together in some way. You like?)

Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:28 pm

lordpyromon
Blaze's game of Tetris is once again interrupted. this time by a bright flash below him and also a text message showing up on his screen. The text read "He's getting away you hulking buffoon! One of our OTHER clients have already slowed him down so TAKE. HIM. OUT!!!" Blaze then looks in the direction of the flash and sees a quite average looking man in a coat lying in front of a dumpster. Blaze's crooked, sadistic smile began to burn and ignite as he imagined the riches those horizon guys are giving him to kill such a weakling. He jumped off the building, landing right in front of the man, flame coming from the sides of his mouth like drool from a hungry dog. "Today's just not your day, man." he grinned as he drew yuki from it's sheath.

(I hope my character wanting to kill your character won't mess with his story in any way Mike, just thought it would add for some nice conflict Very Happy )

Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:03 pm

Mad Mike
Jensen quickly regained consciousness after hitting his head but still had blurry vision and strugled with getting up. The wizard who had blasted him into the dumpster looked like any other thug and was still standing in the alley, looking rather surprised and keeping a safe distance between him and his victim.

"How the hell are you not scattered all over the place after that, old man! I've never seen anyone survive that!", the thug yelled, as he anxiously moved his legs back and forth.
"Yeah? We'll it seems like all you did was push me, you were just lucky to find out that dumpsters are my greatest weakness."

Jensen remained with his back against the dumpster, but discretely moved his hand towards his holster, reaching for his pistol. But the thug had good eyes.

"Hey, don't even try that mothafucka! Keep your hands were I can see them!"

Jensen gave out a coughing laugh as he slowly got to his feet:
"Or what? You gonna push me again?", he said with a good amount of confidence in his voice. This thug didn't know what he was doing, was an intermediate wizard at best and didn't exactly show any signs of great intelligence. Jensen was expecting to be "pushed" again, but he was did not expect another wizard to land 2 feet infront of him.

"Today's just not your day, man", the wizard said as he grinned and drew a katana with his prosthetic arms.

The other wizard almost fell to the ground from the shock after the mysterious person landed between him and Jensen. He didn't know who this guy was but he wasn't willing to stick around and risk being sliced and toasted.
"F*ck, this sh*t, he's all yours!", the thug said as he ran back out the alleyway.

Jensen actually felt nervous this time, he could tell by the flames around his mouth that this one was alot more dangerous, and what worried him the most was his sword. Still he tried to keep a cool appearance and chose to try and talk his way out of this, or at the very least stall him.

"Thanks for getting rid of that assh0le for me, some people are real jerks around this neighberhood.", He didn't get a response but tried to keep control of the situation and keep talking. "Say, how bout I give you a little something as a thank you? I've got a few magic boosters I could hook you up with. They're forerunner, and believe me, those really make a difference! You're whole face will be on fire and twice as hot, what do you say?"

(sure, anything goes. Although I was kinda hoping for one of you to HELP me Razz )

Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:29 pm

EpicGhostKilla121
As Trevel walked about back into his 1-bedroom apartment he thought to himself, "Why was he here? This is the f'ing ghetto..People here are poor. No one should have any Forerunner tech.."

Trying to forget about the whole situation, he goes back to his unfinished painting.

"But, what if there are more?.. I mean, he's pretty weak. If he is actually here. There's bound to be more... Bah! It doesn't concern me. I need to finish this painting."

Forgetting everything that had just occurred outside, he began to work on his painting once more.

Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:00 am

lordpyromon
"This man is a real coward." Blaze thought as the man tried to bribe him with forerunner tech and other such magical artifacts "Maybe I could have some fun with him..." Blaze then roared and engulfed the man in flame, not enough to kill him but just enough to cause minor burns. "YOU THINK YOU CAN BRIBE ME WITH YOUR PUNY FORERUNNER TECH?!?!?! I'd rather tear you limb from limb!!! Unless you can give me one solid reason why I shouldn't."
(You should have seen this coming when you made your character the enemy of a secret organization knowing full well how many people are playing as mercenaries)

Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:16 am

Tontra Origins (a City of Tontra prequel RP) - Page 2 Empty Sponsored content |

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

THE BAY IS AN COMMUNITY FORUM. WE HAVE NO AFFILIATION WITH BAY VIEW GAME STUDIOS.
How to make a forum | Video games | Action | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com