Welcome to the Bay!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

A Discussion About PvP Combat, Game Mechanics, Guilds, Groups & More! - Page 5 Empty 001 Contrite Mediation | 9226 The Floaty Green Dude

001 Contrite Mediation
SilentGamer64 wrote:To make sure everyone gets a chance to use these units, maybe there could be a prompt that asks you if you want to be a specialized class. If you say yes, it gives it to you, and when you die, the next person in line gets to choose. If you say no, the next person in line gets to choose.
^this is a good idea for balancing, but I feel like everyone would complain if they couldn't play as a spartan. Maybe do the same thing, but with vehicles? If you are the first to get a 10 kill streak then you get to drive a scarab, or an elephant (not a very good example for humans)

Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:18 pm

A Discussion About PvP Combat, Game Mechanics, Guilds, Groups & More! - Page 5 Empty Mad Mike | 9045 Gwendolyn's Minion

Mad Mike
001 Contrite Mediation wrote:
SilentGamer64 wrote:To make sure everyone gets a chance to use these units, maybe there could be a prompt that asks you if you want to be a specialized class. If you say yes, it gives it to you, and when you die, the next person in line gets to choose. If you say no, the next person in line gets to choose.
^this is a good idea for balancing, but I feel like everyone would complain if they couldn't play as a spartan. Maybe do the same thing, but with vehicles? If you are the first to get a 10 kill streak then you get to drive a scarab, or an elephant (not a very good example for humans)

I don't know if I like the whole killstreak thing...
*cough* Call of duty *cough*
Maybe you could have some sort of credit system in the game, simular to reach, and if you are feeling rich you can buy a scarab or elephant for LOTS of credits. Cheaper vehicles cost less or are already on the map.

Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:42 pm

A Discussion About PvP Combat, Game Mechanics, Guilds, Groups & More! - Page 5 Empty Pandora's Box | 9286 Grammatical Wizard

Pandora's Box
Mad Mike wrote:

I don't know if I like the whole killstreak thing...
Maybe you could have some sort of credit system in the game, simular to reach, and if you are feeling rich you can buy a scarab or elephant for LOTS of credits. Cheaper vehicles cost less or are already on the map.

Maybe the credit system could be like the one from Dust 514 where clans could purchase/request in battle ordinance/vehicles from a pool of money the clan obtains through kills and objectives.

Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:50 pm

A Discussion About PvP Combat, Game Mechanics, Guilds, Groups & More! - Page 5 Empty 001 Contrite Mediation | 9226 The Floaty Green Dude

001 Contrite Mediation
Mad Mike wrote:I don't know if I like the whole killstreak thing...
I was thinking of swbf2, but I guess kill streaks wouldn't be very fair. What it was based on score, and everything positive that you do affects your score (kills, vehicle kills, base/flag captures, etc.)?

Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:18 pm

A Discussion About PvP Combat, Game Mechanics, Guilds, Groups & More! - Page 5 Empty Mad Mike | 9045 Gwendolyn's Minion

Mad Mike
001 Contrite Mediation wrote:
Mad Mike wrote:I don't know if I like the whole killstreak thing...
I was thinking of swbf2, but I guess kill streaks wouldn't be very fair. What it was based on score, and everything positive that you do affects your score (kills, vehicle kills, base/flag captures, etc.)?

Kind of like ordnance drops? Could work

Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:20 pm

A Discussion About PvP Combat, Game Mechanics, Guilds, Groups & More! - Page 5 Empty Halo Wrexx | 7566 Legendary Member

Halo Wrexx
who agrees on a map system like planet side 2's

Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:56 am

A Discussion About PvP Combat, Game Mechanics, Guilds, Groups & More! - Page 5 Empty Knadan | 9038 Community Commissar

Knadan
Halo Wrexx wrote:who agrees on a map system like planet side 2's
Maybe not at initial release, but I would like to see it at some point.

Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:21 am

Mad Mike
Halo Wrexx wrote:who agrees on a map system like planet side 2's

That would be amazing! But not on all maps though, I think some maps should just be offense or defense and not both.

Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:10 pm

A Discussion About PvP Combat, Game Mechanics, Guilds, Groups & More! - Page 5 Empty SilentGamer64 | 8793 Wort! Wort! Wort!

SilentGamer64
Just looked up planetside 2 gameplay for the first time. So much of it seems to be inspired by halo and battlefield (and maybe a little of cod for customizable weapons).

I would absolutely love to see concepts from planetside 2 put into GOC. Just imagine being able to spawn inside a pelican/phantom in mid flight!

Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:39 pm

A Discussion About PvP Combat, Game Mechanics, Guilds, Groups & More! - Page 5 Empty Halo Wrexx | 7566 Legendary Member

Halo Wrexx
A territories system would be awesome.

Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:34 am

A Discussion About PvP Combat, Game Mechanics, Guilds, Groups & More! - Page 5 Empty Sergeant Novan | 8891 Enshrined Member

Sergeant Novan
Whatever happens, our drop pods need to be awesomer than those in Planetside 2. Helljumpers move out!

Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:22 am

A Discussion About PvP Combat, Game Mechanics, Guilds, Groups & More! - Page 5 Empty Sponsored content |

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

THE BAY IS AN COMMUNITY FORUM. WE HAVE NO AFFILIATION WITH BAY VIEW GAME STUDIOS.
Make a forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com