Welcome to the Bay!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Site Maintenance

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Hello guys, tomorrow night around 11 pm eastern time the site will be going down for maintenance until the morning of Friday, July 6th 2012. We will be changing site hosts so a lot of users will be affected by the host change. ALL of the current users of bvgstudios.net will have to reset their passwords via email. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Share this post on: reddit

IDredMan

Post Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:47 pm  IDredMan

can i reset it to my current password or do i have to change it?

LH Justin

Post Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:09 am  LH Justin

idredman wrote:can i reset it to my current password or do i have to change it?
Let me make this clear, when the new site is up everyone's passwords will be reset to something random automatically. When signing in you will have to choose the "I forgot my password" option and reset it via email in order to access your account.

We will have an in-depth guide and giant warning when the change happens, just please refrain from registering new accounts. You might want to make sure the email connected to your account is valid.

Halo Wrexx

Post Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:14 am  Halo Wrexx

Is the domain changing from forum motion to something else?

LH Justin

Post Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:06 am  LH Justin

Halo Wrexx wrote:Is the domain changing from forum motion to something else?
The domain is http://www.bvgstudios.net/. It has nothing to do with Forumotion.

The current host however (person who keeps all the data online) is Forumotion. We are moving to a different host and adding new software.

The Governor

Post Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:21 pm  The Governor

Im still using .tk Razz

Halo Wrexx

Post Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:23 pm  Halo Wrexx

LH Justin wrote:
Halo Wrexx wrote:Is the domain changing from forum motion to something else?
The domain is http://www.bvgstudios.net/. It has nothing to do with Forumotion.

The current host however (person who keeps all the data online) is Forumotion. We are moving to a different host and adding new software.

Thats what I meant thanks justin

Jony

Post Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:57 pm  Jony

I suggest we use Sovereign in mean time? Pro idea? Add this to your post.

SlashedTortoise

Post Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:59 pm  SlashedTortoise

so just out of curiosity, will there be any noticable changes?? and if so what are they?? or are they just like bug fixes etc??

Jony

Post Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:38 pm  Jony

SlashedTortoise wrote:so just out of curiosity, will there be any noticable changes?? and if so what are they?? or are they just like bug fixes etc??

Warhead told me in Skype, nothing, but passwords will be changed, and some little things.

LH Justin

Post Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:59 pm  LH Justin

Jony wrote:
SlashedTortoise wrote:so just out of curiosity, will there be any noticable changes?? and if so what are they?? or are they just like bug fixes etc??

Warhead told me in Skype, nothing, but passwords will be changed, and some little things.
That's not exactly correct. There will be some big visual tweaks happening. For instance, the forum layout itself (everything below the header) is being completely thrown out. We will also be adding some new features.

I'm the one handling the transfer and upgrades so if you have any questions post them in this thread and I'll try to get to them as fast as I can.

Maintenance will only take 3 to 4 hours. We are doing this around midnight so the change doesn't affect uptime for too many people.

Kusa 'Aezotee

Post Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:48 pm  Kusa 'Aezotee

What host are you going to be switching to?

LH Justin

Post Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:18 pm  LH Justin

Kusa 'Aezotee wrote:What host are you going to be switching to?
Everything will be hosted by 1&1.

Legal

Post Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:41 pm  Legal

LH Justin wrote:
Justin, may you please inbox me on here what email I'm using
For my account? I have hundreds of emails and cant remember which one is for BVG!!

LH Justin

Post Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:06 pm  LH Justin

Legal wrote:
LH Justin wrote:
For my account? I have hundreds of emails and cant remember which one is for BVG!!
I sent it, although you can check by clicking on your profile in the header and it's in the second field down.

Legal

Post Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:11 pm  Legal

LH Justin wrote:
Legal wrote:
LH Justin wrote:
I sent it, although you can check by clicking on your profile in the header and it's in the second field down.
Much appreciated! I'll keep that in mind xD thanks anyway Smile

Tarson

Post Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:15 pm  Tarson

Swanton007 wrote:Hello guys, tomorrow night around 12 am eastern time the site will be going down for maintenance until the morning of Friday, July 6th 2012. We will be changing site hosts so a lot of users will be affected by the host change. ALL of the current users of bvgstudios.net will have to reset their passwords via email. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

I'm a little confused Swanton. I may sound stupid, but I thought you weren't a part of BVG anymore.

LH Justin

Post Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:24 pm  LH Justin

Tarson wrote:
Swanton007 wrote:Hello guys, tomorrow night around 12 am eastern time the site will be going down for maintenance until the morning of Friday, July 6th 2012. We will be changing site hosts so a lot of users will be affected by the host change. ALL of the current users of bvgstudios.net will have to reset their passwords via email. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

I'm a little confused Swanton. I may sound stupid, but I thought you weren't a part of BVG anymore.
He owns it...

Jony

Post Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:48 am  Jony

LH Justin wrote:

He owns it...

derp Razz Nah, he probably means Revelation.

LH Justin

Post Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:51 pm  LH Justin

These Elite names are causing me a lot of problems because of the apostrophe in their names.

Kusa 'Aezotee

Post Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:54 pm  Kusa 'Aezotee

LH Justin wrote:These Elite names are causing me a lot of problems because of the apostrophe in their names.
Ya? Well it causes me problems to, considering 50% of the sites I register to don't allow apostrophes!

LH Justin

Post Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:56 pm  LH Justin

Kusa 'Aezotee wrote:
LH Justin wrote:These Elite names are causing me a lot of problems because of the apostrophe in their names.
Ya? Well it causes me problems to, considering 50% of the sites I register to don't allow apostrophes!
You could, I don't know, remove the apostrophe?

Kusa 'Aezotee

Post Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:58 pm  Kusa 'Aezotee

LH Justin wrote:
Kusa 'Aezotee wrote:
It's a vital part of our Elite names, and has to stay.

LH Justin

Post Sat Jul 07, 2012 2:02 pm  LH Justin

Kusa 'Aezotee wrote:
LH Justin wrote:
Kusa 'Aezotee wrote:
Well phpBB3 doesn't particularly care for your Elite names.

Kusa 'Aezotee

Post Sat Jul 07, 2012 2:35 pm  Kusa 'Aezotee

LH Justin wrote:
Kusa 'Aezotee wrote:
LH Justin wrote:You could, I don't know, remove the apostrophe?
Well phpBB3 doesn't particularly care for your Elite names.
Well, we can't live without our apostrophes, so tell phpBB3 that it needs to stop being racist towards us.

Post   Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

THE BAY IS AN COMMUNITY FORUM. WE HAVE NO AFFILIATION WITH BAY VIEW GAME STUDIOS.
Forum create on Forumotion | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com