HOLY CRIPES!:

Fri Aug 07, 2015 4:56 pm

Halo Wars 2?  HALO WARS 2! Empty Pandora's Box | 9264 Grammatical Wizard

Pandora's Box
Why they no actually show anything?

Fri Aug 07, 2015 5:00 pm

Halo Wars 2?  HALO WARS 2! Empty Knadan | 9016 Community Commissar

Knadan
Pandora's Box wrote:Why they no actually show anything?
Well, one part because it's just a reveal trailer and one part it's not done since it still has over a year 'til release.

Fri Aug 07, 2015 6:42 pm

Halo Wars 2?  HALO WARS 2! Empty Mad Mike | 9023 Gwendolyn's Minion

Mad Mike
I know it's not typical of me to be positive to anything Halo related these days, but.... THIS IS FREAKIN AWESOME! I'm more excited for this than Halo 5 (partly because I know a RTS can't be made into COD... I hope Razz )

Here's what I like about it:
- Seems to take place during human-covenant war, and not during Halo 4 timeline.
- Cinematics look amazing as usual, probably still made by Blur Studios.
- It's coming to PC! (I'm a bit sceptical towards gettin windows 10, but still better than just console.)
- Epic brute looks and sounds like HELLSCREAM! Not kidding! Compare it with the warlords of draenor trailer, they sound almost the same! 70% sure.
- The possibility of getting to play that brute as a "Hero" and smash "little demons" with his hammer (hopefully Mannoroth is one of those demons, otherwhise spartans will suffice).

Fri Aug 07, 2015 9:04 pm

Halo Wars 2?  HALO WARS 2! Empty Dr_EvilOranges | 6965 Member

Dr_EvilOranges
Mad Mike wrote:partly because I know a RTS can't be made into COD... I hope Razz
Ever seen the last sputters of Command & Conquer? EA bought the franchise, neglected it until it was a sad broken corpse, and made it seem promising by riding on the back of a celebrated title.

I just wonder how Creative Assembly is going to try to spice in their elements to Halo Wars 2. The first installment was made entirely (correct me if I'm wrong) by Ensemble. Creative Assembly is the company behind the Total War series, and should be the gameplay leads on HW2 while 343i should mostly listen to their advice. Creative Assembly should be pretty busy with Total War: Warhammer to take most of the mantle.

Sat Aug 08, 2015 2:49 am

Halo Wars 2?  HALO WARS 2! Empty Mad Mike | 9023 Gwendolyn's Minion

Mad Mike
Dr_EvilOranges wrote:
Mad Mike wrote:partly because I know a RTS can't be made into COD... I hope Razz
Ever seen the last sputters of Command & Conquer? EA bought the franchise, neglected it until it was a sad broken corpse, and made it seem promising by riding on the back of a celebrated title.

I just wonder how Creative Assembly is going to try to spice in their elements to Halo Wars 2. The first installment was made entirely (correct me if I'm wrong) by Ensemble. Creative Assembly is the company behind the Total War series, and should be the gameplay leads on HW2 while 343i should mostly listen to their advice. Creative Assembly should be pretty busy with Total War: Warhammer to take most of the mantle.

The less 343i is involved the better. Here's another thought though, since Creative Assembly is already doing Total War: Warhammer, why don't they just call this, Total War: Halo? That way they'll be able to draw fans from both series.

Sat Aug 08, 2015 11:40 am

Halo Wars 2?  HALO WARS 2! Empty Dr_EvilOranges | 6965 Member

Dr_EvilOranges
I think that would make people upset, it might be a total war game and would really be a let down to Halo War's fans that expected something similar to what they recognize (plus it would be hard to manage that kind of game on a console right?). On the other hand if it were made to be like the core of Halo Wars then it might upset Total War fans because it wouldn't be a Total War game.

My idea was that since CA is busy with TW:W-and I imagine they need the sales more than 343i-they wouldn't send much of their team to work elsewhere. 343i can be fine with a botched release, so they are taking most of the business risk related with HW2 by making most of the content and assets; CA should be there for RTS expertise. Developing RTS games are a bigger risk than they used to be imho.

Isn't 343i mostly done with Halo 5?

Sat Aug 08, 2015 2:37 pm

Halo Wars 2?  HALO WARS 2! Empty Sponsored content |

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

THE BAY IS AN COMMUNITY FORUM. WE HAVE NO AFFILIATION WITH BAY VIEW GAME STUDIOS.
Forum create on Forumotion | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com