Welcome to the Bay!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Update 10/6/12

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Update 10/6/12 Empty Update 10/6/12

Hey community, Swanton007 here.
It’s been a long time since our last update, a really long time. Don’t get use to updates; they won’t be getting any shorter in the time between them. However, throughout this week we will be showing off some models, animations, maybe maps and older content you may have not seen.

The progress

Last time we showed you guys some content was back in early august. We had around 30 members at that time. Now we have almost 60 (If you cant do that math our team size just about doubled). If you look at that in the grand scene of things our team size has almost tripped since our last trailer. We are still in alpha, we are cutting right through alpha like a hot knife though butter, only thing is that butter is about 1 mile long. We hope that we will be able to show you some awesome content in the months to come. However the next trailer we make will not be a boring/non-descriptive one. It will look and play the way GOC is supposed to, and in order to nail that down we will not be making one anytime soon. Sorry, but we really need just solid development time.

On the brighter note

So although some of this content was shown on the forums we would still like to show you in a official update:

This is just a animation our lead animator made for the battle rifle for C:SS. The actual animation will not be used in Galaxy of Combat.

Some random images:

Update 10/6/12 Bridge10

Hey its a bridge? Yes that's a bridge. You don't realize the significance of that bridge do you? Bridge! You still don't get it? Its a bridge, it lets you pass over CANYONS, and VALLEYS, and WATER. Yes that's what a bridge does. Swanton likes bridges, and so does Sam.

Update 10/6/12 Pistol10

Thats a pistol, its a quite cool looking pistol I must say.

And finally for something brand new:

The Cougar

Update 10/6/12 Ss_20111

The Cougar was a ground anti air vehicle that got cut from Halo: Wars. It is a single person vehicle with both a auto cannon and a fully automatic Heavy machine gun. It bears slight resemblance to the modern day APC. However as of the human covenant war the Cougar has been primarily used as a single person assault vehicle capable of taking down targets in a short amount of time. Some marines describe it as a cross between a tank and a warthog.

The making of our old trailer

Although the trailer we last showed off is rather outdated now I think that is beneficial to show ya'll the amount of progress we are capable of doing in about a week's time.
Please note the trailer that you all saw was launched on June 24th 2012:

Thats all for now, Dont forget to stay updated to the Events Page for all the latest news and coverage of BVG's Anniversary!

Additonally I'm told that the Galaxy of Combat page just went live, make sure to check it out here!

Thanks for reading, and youll be hearing more from me and the rest of the developers in due time. Cya Then

Swanton Out.

>Disconnecting
>3
>2
>1
>Hes behind you.....

Share this post on: reddit

Rex

Post Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:46 pm  Rex

dafgtrdgdsgyu

aka

OMG AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH SAHWEET

Legal

Post Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:50 pm  Legal

'Brain.exe' has failed. Please reinstall necessary drives. Maximum amazingness has been reached. Please restart 'Brain.exe'

Last edited by Legal on Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

Knadan

Post Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:52 pm  Knadan

The Galaxy of Combat page looks sweet!

Chick3nteeth

Post Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:59 pm  Chick3nteeth

AWESOME!!!

Knadan

Post Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:01 pm  Knadan

I think Rex and Legal's brains have exploded.

Legal

Post Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:03 pm  Legal

1st LT Knadan wrote:I think Rex and Legal's brains have exploded.
Indeed
Rex.exe and Legal.exe have been terminated

Knadan

Post Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:06 pm  Knadan

This seems somewhat fitting for GoC:

Edit: wait wait wait.... if we can swim like in the first trailer... amphibious insertions!

Legal

Post Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:08 pm  Legal

I love owl city

iceomega

Post Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:12 pm  iceomega

Yay

SlashedTortoise

Post Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:23 pm  SlashedTortoise

othing to show haha Razz looks amazing so far guys!! keep it up!!

Mad Mike

Post Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:23 pm  Mad Mike

I AM SO F*CKING EXCITED ABOUT THIS GAME!!!! 60 DEVS?! THAT'S HUGE!!!! THIS IS GOING TO BE SO AMAZING!!! Very Happy
GJSHEOGWIHPGIOSNGJSENGEUHWPJTWIPTJWIGJEGIJWIOGPJIOGWJGIOEJWGOIPJWIJEGIIBWJIEJBWBWBNIWJBPIWJPBW

Legal wrote:'Brain.exe' has failed. Please reinstall necessary drives. Maximum amazingness has been reached. Please restart 'Brain.exe'

This happened to me^

Knadan

Post Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:23 pm  Knadan

I'm looking forward to hearing more of your composers awesome music!

Mad Mike

Post Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:28 pm  Mad Mike

1st LT Knadan wrote:I'm looking forward to hearing more of your composers awesome music!

In my opinion he is so much better than halo 4's composer. The BVG composer makes amazingly epic songs, and I mean REALLY amazing! And he manages to respect the music style of halo while making it fresh at the same time.
Halo 4's composer failed with that...

SlashedTortoise

Post Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:30 pm  SlashedTortoise

Mad Mike wrote:
1st LT Knadan wrote:I'm looking forward to hearing more of your composers awesome music!

In my opinion he is so much better than halo 4's composer. The BVG composer makes amazingly epic songs, and I mean REALLY amazing! And he manages to respect the music style of halo while making it fresh at the same time.

same if its like the music from the first alpha, the menu music then its going to be AMAZING, i loved tha music i use to go on the page just to listen to tha music

Jony

Post Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:31 pm  Jony

Mad Mike wrote:

They have about 3 composers right now, and we had only heard one soundtrack from GoC, and only 15-20 seconds from it felt like Halo, beginning was nothing like Halo.

Knadan

Post Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:32 pm  Knadan

I'm going to give a lot of leeway with this question:
Is it possible (I'm not looking for a guarantee) that there will be something for the community to play by the end of 2013?

Mad Mike

Post Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:37 pm  Mad Mike

Jony wrote:
Mad Mike wrote:

They have about 3 composers right now, and we had only heard one soundtrack from GoC, and only 15-20 seconds from it felt like Halo, beginning was nothing like Halo.

Ehm, remember this? Remember? Lol remember Jony? You remember now?

If this doesn't feel like halo then clearly you have never played halo Razz The thing that makes halo 4 music fail is that it doesn't have anything like this song..

Jony

Post Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:45 pm  Jony

Mike,

00:00-00:54, it doesn't sound nothing like halo, but 00:54-1:30 sounds Halo, I hope you can notice it, come on, admit it, only ending sounds like Halo, you can even compare it to Halo 3 soundtracks, beginning is nothing like Halo.

Legal

Post Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:49 pm  Legal

I agree that BVG Composer > Halo 4 Composer when it comes to making Halo music.

Mad Mike

Post Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:51 pm  Mad Mike

Legal wrote:I agree that BVG Composer > Halo 4 Composer when it comes to making Halo music.

Yes exactly! Neil Davidge might be a better composer but not when it comes to halo!

Mad Mike

Post Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:51 pm  Mad Mike

Jony wrote:Mike,

00:00-00:54, it doesn't sound nothing like halo, but 00:54-1:30 sounds Halo, I hope you can notice it, come on, admit it, only ending sounds like Halo, you can even compare it to Halo 3 soundtracks, beginning is nothing like Halo.

Yeah and that's a good thing! You always say that you want it to feel fresh, and that's what it does. The first half it's something new but then the classic theme comes in.

Besides the beggining is a intro so it can sound completely different, the main part of the song is still halo. Halo 4 songs doesn't have the theme anywhere, atleast this does.

But anyway, this is not about halo 4! This is about how epic GoC is Smile

Jony

Post Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:09 pm  Jony

I haven't said I want it to feel fresh, but actually, if you haven't noticed, Halo 4 have soundtracks, where it sounds similar to Halo 3's soundtrack, "To Galaxy" have similatiries to couple soundtracks from Halo 3. And now, let me list soundtracks from Halo 4, that have similatries to old soundtracks.

Solace

Belly of The Beast

Immaterial

My laptop battery runs out in 1 minute, so I have no time to post more links, but as you can see, some Halo 4 soundtracks have same feeling as old Halo's soundtracks have. Will post more when I move to desktop PC.

Legal

Post Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:10 pm  Legal

Jony wrote:
Meh I like bothh composers anyway

Mad Mike

Post Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:19 pm  Mad Mike

Jony wrote:I haven't said I want it to feel fresh, but actually, if you haven't noticed, Halo 4 have soundtracks, where it sounds similar to Halo 3's soundtrack, "To Galaxy" have similatiries to couple soundtracks from Halo 3. And now, let me list soundtracks from Halo 4, that have similatries to old soundtracks.

Solace

Belly of The Beast

Immaterial

My laptop battery runs out in 1 minute, so I have no time to post more links, but as you can see, some Halo 4 soundtracks have same feeling as old Halo's soundtracks have. Will post more when I move to desktop PC.

The only one that feels even a little like halo is the first one in my opinion...

Post   Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

THE BAY IS AN COMMUNITY FORUM. WE HAVE NO AFFILIATION WITH BAY VIEW GAME STUDIOS.
How to make a forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com