Welcome to the Bay!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

Daily Story Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 11 of 12]

Daily Story Thread - Page 11 Empty CWO4anthony321123 | 9355 Legendary Member

CWO4anthony321123
So, just wandering, has anyone here ever read Berserk? If you haven't, you should. Seriously.

Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:28 am

Daily Story Thread - Page 11 Empty Mad Mike | 9023 Gwendolyn's Minion

Mad Mike
CWO4anthony321123 wrote:So, just wandering, has anyone here ever read Berserk? If you haven't, you should. Seriously.

Never heard of it. Google search tells me it's some sort of manga inspired novel?

I have to admit I usually really hate all that is manga/anime... :/

But not always though, I love most Final Fantasy games despite their clear anime influence. FF9 is my favorite partly because it's art style is very cartoon-ish, creative and non-anime (most fans of FF hate it for the same reason lol Very Happy).

Kingdom Hearts has a pretty convoluted and sometimes dumb story as well (atleast all the sequels) but I still appreciate it for what it is, and the gameplay is great.

Another example of my relationship with Japanese games/media is the Metal Gear Solid games. The best one is without a doubt MGS3, as you can tell from my sig. Part of that is because it didn't have any cyborg ninjas and felt more like a Bond movie.

So I'm not that narrow minded, tell me more about "Beserk" and I might be interested Smile

Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:17 pm

CWO4anthony321123
Mad Mike wrote:
CWO4anthony321123 wrote:So, just wandering, has anyone here ever read Berserk? If you haven't, you should. Seriously.

Never heard of it. Google search tells me it's some sort of manga inspired novel?

I have to admit I usually really hate all that is manga/anime... :/

But not always though, I love most Final Fantasy games despite their clear anime influence. FF9 is my favorite partly because it's art style is very cartoon-ish, creative and non-anime (most fans of FF hate it for the same reason lol Very Happy).

Kingdom Hearts has a pretty convoluted and sometimes dumb story as well (atleast all the sequels) but I still appreciate it for what it is, and the gameplay is great.

Another example of my relationship with Japanese games/media is the Metal Gear Solid games. The best one is without a doubt MGS3, as you can tell from my sig. Part of that is because it didn't have any cyborg ninjas and felt more like a Bond movie.

So I'm not that narrow minded, tell me more about "Beserk" and I might be interested Smile
It originated as a manga in the 1980's (and STILL going!!!). It's a medieval fantasy that is REALLY dark and other than the demons and over powered main character, it is very realistic for the time. It revolves around Guts/Gatsu. (man born of corpse!!!) A man born and raised as a mercenary in "Midland". It had a 25 episode anime adaptation that was amazing!!! That was my introduction and I've been reading the manga for months now. I still haven't caught up. It's a very serious story. Evan if you hate anime, you might still like it. Wink

Thu Feb 04, 2016 4:34 am

Daily Story Thread - Page 11 Empty SirMarty | 7380 Member

SirMarty
Mad Mike wrote:
lordpyromon wrote:
There's a link to my YouTube channel directly under the Mega Man gif in my signature. Also I should probably sub to you too, I completely forgot that you had a channel.

The channel I have now is primarily for personal use, I was actually planning on making a new one once I had the content ready. But now that I think about it, my Lifting Crane Video already has almost 3000 views so I might as well stick with it Razz

I just changed the name from my old generic:
"IItheROFLCOPTERguyII" (I was young when I made it...).
to my new name:
"The Moe Szyzlak Experience feat. Homer" (not much better lol).

Here's a link if you want to sub
https://www.youtube.com/user/IItheROFLCOPTERguyII
Too bad you can't change the URL. That's why I made a new YT channel, but my old channel which I haven't closed yet has one video with over 70k views. You should change your name to "The Gwendolyn Experience". Smile

Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:51 am

Mad Mike
CWO4anthony321123 wrote:

Is the adaptation on youtube (or dailylmotion or something)?. If you can find it for me, I'll give it a chance Wink

SirMarty wrote:
Too bad you can't change the URL. That's why I made a new YT channel, but my old channel which I haven't closed yet has one video with over 70k views. You should change your name to "The Gwendolyn Experience". Smile

Haha, I could have done that (would be super confusing to randoms but worth it for personal lulz)! Too bad I already spent hours drawing that Moe avatar in MS Paint XD (didn't want to use a google image since FOX are f*cking blood-sucking demons who'll sue for anything).

No but, I already have the Moe Szyslak Experience name on several accounts , including my steam profile. But the reason I picked that name is because:
1. It's my favorite Simpsons quote.
2. Believe it or not, Moe is actually my #1 favorite character in the Simpsons. He's hilarious and I actually find him to be the most relateable (don't be too freaked out by that lol).

Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:59 pm

CWO4anthony321123
Mad Mike wrote:

Is the adaptation on youtube (or dailylmotion or something)?. If you can find it for me, I'll give it a chance Wink

SirMarty wrote:

Haha, I could have done that (would be super confusing to randoms but worth it for personal lulz)! Too bad I already spent hours drawing that Moe avatar in MS Paint XD (didn't want to use a google image since FOX are f*cking blood-sucking demons who'll sue for anything).

No but, I already have the Moe Szyslak Experience name on several accounts , including my steam profile. But the reason I picked that name is because:
1. It's my favorite Simpsons quote.
2. Believe it or not, Moe is actually my #1 favorite character in the Simpsons. He's hilarious and I actually find him to be the most relateable (don't be too freaked out by that lol).
It's a very old adaptation ('97) but don't judge it on it's dated look/music. Episode one is like a pre-show epilogue (like a teaser for the manga) so if you want to skip it you can. I still liked it though. Wink

Here is the first two. After that just follow the links on the side. You should have no problem if you do follow through. Happy viewing!!! Very Happy

Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:44 am

CWO4anthony321123
Daily Story Thread - Page 11 Tumblr_nzmvp0er6s1ukpsuto1_1280

Sun Feb 07, 2016 5:24 am

Mad Mike
CWO4anthony321123 wrote:
Spoiler:

Star Wars joke? I still haven't seen it...

Watched a few episodes of that Beserk btw. Not that bad, as far as anime's go, it seems to be one of the better one's out there. I expected a lot more "dafuq am I watching moments O_o" moments, but there weren't that many actually Smile Griffith basically ruins the whole thing for me... the "OP white haired chick dude" is the trope I hate the most about anime (I seriously would like to know why Japan is so fascinated with white-haired transvestites, who under 60 has white hair anyway?) and after that water splash scene I sort of lost hope for the character XD Watched the rest of that episode and stopped there.

It's a pretty good show though and very memorable, some scenes are still stuck in my head. I can definitely see why you would like it so much if you were to get into it. But I still don't think it's for me. But I might change my mind sometime and keep watching, not sure. Still, thanks for broadening my horizons a bit Smile

Sun Feb 07, 2016 3:43 pm

CWO4anthony321123
Mad Mike wrote:
CWO4anthony321123 wrote:
Spoiler:

Star Wars joke? I still haven't seen it...

Watched a few episodes of that Beserk btw. Not that bad, as far as anime's go, it seems to be one of the better one's out there. I expected a lot more "dafuq am I watching moments O_o" moments, but there weren't that many actually Smile Griffith basically ruins the whole thing for me... the "OP white haired chick dude" is the trope I hate the most about anime (I seriously would like to know why Japan is so fascinated with white-haired transvestites, who under 60 has white hair anyway?) and after that water splash scene I sort of lost hope for the character XD Watched the rest of that episode and stopped there.

It's a pretty good show though and very memorable, some scenes are still stuck in my head. I can definitely see why you would like it so much if you were to get into it. But I still don't think it's for me. But I might change my mind sometime and keep watching, not sure. Still, thanks for broadening my horizons a bit Smile
I guess I can see what you mean, but thanks for trying it. Although trust me, the well scene was the gayest thing to come from that character, so, it gets better from there.

Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:05 am

CWO4anthony321123
Well it's that time again gentlemen. It's the...

HUGE MINECRAFT UPDATE THAT NOBODY CARES ABOUT!!!

Daily Story Thread - Page 11 2016-010
Daily Story Thread - Page 11 2016-011
Daily Story Thread - Page 11 2016-012
Daily Story Thread - Page 11 2016-013
Daily Story Thread - Page 11 2016-014
Daily Story Thread - Page 11 2016-015
Daily Story Thread - Page 11 2016-016
Daily Story Thread - Page 11 2016-017

Thu Feb 25, 2016 12:27 am

Daily Story Thread - Page 11 Empty Knadan | 9016 Community Commissar

Knadan
Ooooh. That looks pretty cool.

Thu Feb 25, 2016 3:37 am

CWO4anthony321123
...Also I drew chickens...
Daily Story Thread - Page 11 Untitl10
Daily Story Thread - Page 11 Untitl11
Daily Story Thread - Page 11 Untitl12

Thu Feb 25, 2016 10:18 pm

Mad Mike
Just checking in to say happy Easter everyone! Very Happy (although orthodox Easter is a month from now, so not Easter for me yet).

I've been really busy doing 6 different course exams the last 2 weeks (it was hell but I think I nailed most of them). Now I have a short break before the new courses start on Tuesday.

So now that I have time I thought I'd check in here. How is everyone doing these days?

Fri Mar 25, 2016 10:21 am

CWO4anthony321123
Mad Mike wrote:Just checking in to say happy Easter everyone! Very Happy (although orthodox Easter is a month from now, so not Easter for me yet).

I've been really busy doing 6 different course exams the last 2 weeks (it was hell but I think I nailed most of them). Now I have a short break before the new courses start on Tuesday.

So now that I have time I thought I'd check in here. How is everyone doing these days?
My sleep schedule is f*cked because of spring break, but i'm fine. I'm only taking two classes right now. I'm in no hurry to get a great job. There will be just as many jobs in a few years as there are now. Other than that, still playing Minecraft. I'm currently drawing character concepts for a D&D I want to wright. I made some faces with Fallout character creator too. No one asked but i'm posting them anyway.
Daily Story Thread - Page 11 Dd_can11
Daily Story Thread - Page 11 Dd_gro10
Daily Story Thread - Page 11 Dd_com10
Daily Story Thread - Page 11 Dd_her10
Daily Story Thread - Page 11 Dd_lor10
Daily Story Thread - Page 11 Dd_lut10
Daily Story Thread - Page 11 Dd_sen11
Daily Story Thread - Page 11 Dd_squ10

Sat Mar 26, 2016 9:54 am

Mad Mike
CWO4anthony321123 wrote:
Mad Mike wrote:Just checking in to say happy Easter everyone! Very Happy (although orthodox Easter is a month from now, so not Easter for me yet).

My sleep schedule is f*cked because of spring break, but i'm fine. I'm only taking two classes right now. I'm in no hurry to get a great job. There will be just as many jobs in a few years as there are now. Other than that, still playing Minecraft. I'm currently drawing character concepts for a D&D I want to wright. I made some faces with Fallout character creator too. No one asked but i'm posting them anyway.
Spoiler:

You can really tell those are Fallout faces. And that's a good thing considering it's all hand drawn (if I understood you correctly). You got some skills Smile

My sleep schedule is almost always f*cked up... :/ I don't have to go to school very often (mostly work from home) and when I do it's usually on the afternoon. It becomes very depressing eventually, since the day basically feels twice as short. Very bad habit indeed.

On another side note, yesterday I stayed up to 5am playing "Halo CE: The Silent Cartographer Evolved" on Noble difficulty. It's basically a "what if Master Chief had PTSD and extreme schizophrenia" mode. Now I have a weird fascination with horror games Razz

Sat Mar 26, 2016 8:38 pm

Daily Story Thread - Page 11 Empty Knadan | 9016 Community Commissar

Knadan
I've been doing a Fallout New Vegas mod that merges Fallout 3 into New Vegas, it's been an experience troubleshooting it.
Daily Story Thread - Page 11 E9357678D23F96A11BB5B99385C690A6E2C56C3E

Sun Mar 27, 2016 3:14 am

Mad Mike
Knadan wrote:I've been doing a Fallout New Vegas mod that merges Fallout 3 into New Vegas, it's been an experience troubleshooting it.
Spoiler:

Don't know much about that. I still haven't actually played any of the Fallout games, except half of the first one (got stuck at a part and sort of gave up). I also played quite a lot of Fallout Shelter Razz

I do love RPGs but they're way to time consuming for me these days :/

Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:17 am

Daily Story Thread - Page 11 Empty Noble | 6519 Thus I Refute Thee

Noble
Wow, people still come on here?

Thu Mar 31, 2016 10:11 pm

CWO4anthony321123
Noble wrote:Wow, people still come on here?
I check it about 1-5 times a day. I don't know about the others. Also, NOBLE!!! Very Happy

Sat Apr 02, 2016 2:43 am

CWO4anthony321123
I just saw Batman v Superman. It wasn't as bad as people have been saying it is. It was... weird though.

Sat Apr 02, 2016 9:47 pm

Mad Mike
Noble wrote:Wow, people still come on here?

Yup. There's around 5 or so guys who check in from time to time. Don't have time to talk sh*t here for hours on end like in the good old days, sadly.

Also: Is there a release date for GoC? Very Happy

Spoiler:
CWO4anthony321123 wrote:I just saw Batman v Superman. It wasn't as bad as people have been saying it is. It was... weird though.

That's the same impression I got from it. Not a big fan of Zack Snyder's style... he makes very wierd films. Like Sucker Punch, don't know what he was smoking when he made that.

Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:46 am

Daily Story Thread - Page 11 Empty Jenkins | 9406 Heroic Member

Jenkins
I'm here lurking when you all least expect me <3

Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:16 pm

Mad Mike
Jenkins wrote:I'm here lurking when you all least expect me <3

Nah, I expected it Razz

Dred however, you never know with him. Very unpredictable..

Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:59 am

CWO4anthony321123
MY FAAACE!!!
Daily Story Thread - Page 11 Self_p10

Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:06 pm

Mad Mike
CWO4anthony321123 wrote:MY FAAACE!!!
Spoiler:

Pretty good, needs a bit more shading perhaps Smile Still better than any face I can draw, I suck at it. I'm pretty good at landscapes and 3D elements though.

On a completely different note, if there was ever any doubt in how much of a nerd I am, rest assured. I have now gone full nerd, with no going back.

I have decided to write a big Star Wars fan-fiction novel, probably going far over 300 pages. I have already outlined most of the story plot points, written huge chunks of certain events, and have been doing a lot of research on the Star Wars Expanded Universe (aka "Legends" before Disney executed order 66).

My biggest problem with my earlier attempts at writing novels, was that I have problems coming up with compelling characters and motivations. But in this case, the characters and some of the events are already mapped out and there is tons of unused potential for the characters I'm developing. So everything just instantly falls into place without frustration!

Writing a full novel is much more fun than I thought it would be, it's basically addicting. And even if it's just fan-fiction and it ends up being crap (which I'm at this point very confident it wont, not to toot my own horn), it's at least a good way to improve your writing if nothing else Smile

Sat May 28, 2016 8:50 pm

Daily Story Thread - Page 11 Empty Sponsored content |

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 11 of 12]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

THE BAY IS AN COMMUNITY FORUM. WE HAVE NO AFFILIATION WITH BAY VIEW GAME STUDIOS.
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com